- Train transportation on the LIRR
via Greenport to Penn Station.
- Hometown Taxi: (P) 631-765-2020
Set up transport ahead of time
- Hampton Jitney bus transport
makes stops in Orient Point to and
from New York City. Orient Point
Ferry stop is 1.5 miles to house.
You will need to set up cab service.
- Cross Sound Ferry located only
1.5 miles to house, considered the
gateway to New England and
Boston as well as the casinos
around New London.
- Shelter Island Ferry, located in
Greenport takes cars, bikes
and walk on's to Shelter Island
with access to the Hamptons.
Orient Point is located at the far east end and is a true piece of paradise. Take a ride out east on Rt. 25, as you drive across the causeway that links Orient peninsula to the mainland you see water on both sides, farmlands, salt marshes, historical houses in Orient Village, beaches and incredibly sun sets from Truman's beach.
Local Things to do;
- One Love Beach Shop - Paddle Board Rentals & Events
- The Giving Room - Yoga Classes
- Dan's Bike Rental - Pick up / drop off bikes to the house
- Islands End Public Golf Course
- Orient Point Fishing Charters
- Drosso's Miniature Golf
- Lavender by the Bay
- Nearby wineries Kontakosta, Old Field and One Women.
Your safety is important to us.
We are an approved bed and breakfast and our home has been inspected and approved by the town of Southold, NY fire marshal.
Safety Features Include;
- Smoke|Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Fire Extinguishers
- Escape ladders in each 2nd floor bedroom closet
- Emergency Route Plan: Posted behind your bedroom door is our emergency plan and meeting place.
- For guest safety cooking or use of the kitchen is off limits. However, we are happy to store your cold essentials in the main fridge.